UPDATE 20th July: We are no longer looking for people for this position. Thankyou to everyone who applied.
We have just begun full time work on our zombie game, Class 3 Outbreak! Part of the upcoming development involves writing up a compelling game-world and backstory that we can use to give our game some character. Story will be used throughout the game in the background to give the game context, through dialog, game objectives, an in-game journal, and potentially even for missions.
Jay is currently writing the dialog, but we require an experienced writer to help us create a detailed game world, backstory and to advise on already completed dialog.
Effectively, we need a “creative writer advisor”. The position will be a short contract period (~20 hrs) to develop all of the above. Ideally you will have one or all of the following:
- Experience in writing for games and/or interactive storytelling
- Experience in writing novels or screen plays
- Specific background or interest in apocalyptic tales, sci fi, horror and drama
- Credits in completed projects
- Knowledge of the zombie and horror genres in games, film or novels
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume and writing samples that are relevant to this position and target audience.